Friday, August 7, 2009

TETRO


Film titles for Francis Ford Coppola's TETRO, starring Vincent Gallo. Design and concept by Stephen Faustina and Mr. Coppola. Faustina's work is quite beautiful. Check it out on his site.

Full HD Version here

Faustina, senior designer at Coppola's company discusses the process of creation:
"Well when I first started to work with the title sequence, the sequence had no sound and the final title sequence time had not yet been determined. A little/BIG side note; this was my first time designing title sequences or anything dealing with film/video, so I really did not know where to start or what software I should use. I’ve never used After Effects or Final Cut Pro and did not have time to teach myself these programs; however a program I did know is Photoshop. I quickly started to utilize Photoshop CS3 video capabilities (I was really impressed with it). This allowed me the freedom to begin showing Mr. Coppola a variety of different title sequences. I was relieved to know I did not need to execute the final polished title sequence; I just needed to develop a direction that appealed to Mr. Coppola."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Thank you.

+

Share/Save/Bookmark