Thursday, August 27, 2009

MORE LEMONADE

Today, I received an email from the creator of the Lemonade movie (see previous post), Erik Proulx. In it he tells a wonderful story about hope and coincidence. Perhaps things are looking up... please read on

"You may remember Kurtis Glade, the creative-director-turned-documentary-film-maker from the trailer. As a reminder, he was the one who "lost his job and is finally doing something that [he] thinks matters." What you don't learn from the trailer is that his daughter has Cystic Fibrosis, and that the documentary he's making is about professional surfers who hold surf camps to help kids with CF. Of course, like me, Kurtis is not earning any money to create this documentary. All he wants to do is share an amazing story and raise awareness for the disease. So to pay the bills, Kurtis has to freelance anywhere and everywhere that will have him. He's going to where the work is, as am I.

Fast forward to last Friday, when a creative director from Razorfish (an interactive advertising agency in Seattle) called me about a week-long freelance project. They wanted me to start right away, so I booked a flight and showed up bright and early on Monday morning. I walk in the meeting to get briefed, and who is sitting there? You guessed it...Kurtis Glade. Razorfish contacted two writers. One was me, the other was Kurtis.

Now, you might be thinking that they found us both from the trailer. Because, honestly, that's what I thought. But when I asked the creative director if that's how he paired us, he said no. He hadn't even seen the trailer yet. We were just two writers that he wanted to work on the project.

So Kurtis and I met through Lemonade several months ago. And now we meet again through advertising. One small world, two chance meetings. These weird little karmic things have been happening since we started filming Lemonade. My re-run in with Kurtis is just the latest. And I'm certainly not going to question them."

Good luck Erik and hurry on up with the release of your movie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Thank you.

+

Share/Save/Bookmark